Frequently asked questions about LOTRONEX®
Your IBS with diarrhea is severe if it includes either of the following:
- Frequent urgent episodes, or if you sometimes have accidents
- Lots of painful stomach cramps or bloating
LOTRONEX helps some women improve control of bowel urgency, and may relieve other common symptoms of severe IBS with diarrhea. Learn more about how LOTRONEX may be able to help you.
This survey can help you prepare for your next appointment. After you answer a few questions, you will be given a list of topics to talk about with your doctor.
Always follow your doctor’s directions for taking LOTRONEX. Get more information about dosages and instructions.
It is important to understand the benefits and risks of any drug before you begin treatment. Read about the safety of LOTRONEX here.
LOTRONEX is not right for everyone. Do not take LOTRONEX if any of the following apply to you:
- Your main IBS problem is constipation or you are constipated most of the time
- You have had a serious problem from constipation. If you are constipated now, do not start taking LOTRONEX
- You have had serious bowel blockages
- You have had blood flow problems to your bowels, such as ischemic colitis
- You have had blood clots
- You have had Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, diverticulitis, or severe liver disease
- You do not understand the Medication Guide or are not willing to follow it
- You are taking fluvoxamine (LUVOX®)